Thursday 25 August 2016

For the display of His Splendor


Well, if you think being bad was difficult... try, to be good.  And good luck with that!

It has been a very challenging year 2016.  I am not perfect.  I am far from it. I am not (self) righteous. I am only as a filthy rag.
"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away - Isaiah 64:6"

... but in all of these, God has been extremely faithful.  And in the difficulty, I have walked on water, He has prospered his own, made use of my vessel unto others and given me the crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.

I do not deserve your love dear God.  And where my mouth has failed to thank you, do not forget that my heart is covered with gratitude. Remember me. Use me.  Use me for the display of your splendour. Remember your promises to me... Don't forget me!




No comments:

Post a Comment